The aim of this WP is to develop a set of HPC training programmes that respond to the needs identified by WP 2 and WP 3. This will assure that the courses developed will met the clearly identified industry-specific needs. To achieve the aim, SME/HPC will follow these objectives:
1. Develop a curriculum for (several) short courses. These courses will be targeted at providing specific HPC knowledge at different levels. Courses will be developed for introductory, intermediate and advanced levels.
2. The introductory course will be aimed at raising awareness for the need of HPC and sharing good practice of HPC.
3. The intermediate and advanced courses will provide exercises and solutions to practical problems by using HPC. Hence all participants will be provided with hands on experience by working remotely on the HPCs infrastructures.
4. The courses will meet the following standards: should be independent of the location where the training is held, with the exception to have access to a working computer and internet connection. Other infrastructures can be accessed remotely. The courses will be language independent. As prerequisites, the courses will require only a minimum of programming knowledge.
5. The developed courses will also be a basis for organising summer schools and workshops for HPC in the SME/HPC project.
In addition to the input from WP 2 and WP 3, this WP will be influenced by WP 4. Implementation of its quality will be controlled by WP 7 and WP 8 will ensure dissemination of its results.